This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
EA was founded in 1982 by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry and we has expanded immensely, but we are still motivated by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world's most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our experienced staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The commerce team develops one of the largest eCommerce platform to power hundreds of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers. The commerce platform provides foundation services to game studios including identity management, account, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability.
What a DevOps Systems Engineer does at EA:
Report to Director of Operations, EADP Commerce & Identity
- 7 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application development, or operations
- Working knowledge of enterprise data center technologies including storage platforms, network switching, and security infrastructure within a virtualized data center
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Experience with application development methodologies
- Experience working in a virtualized environment. Containers/Docker (preferred), AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, VMWare ecosystem, Kubernetes (preferred), Vagrant
- Work with team members to understand system/software partner requirements through full life cycle of the most complex application development.
- Oversee the more complicated designs and implementation of applications' build, release, deployment, and configuration activities in an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Guide Development Operations Engineers with the more complex development products.
- Work with partners to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing, updating solutions and building test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and assessing and fixing operational issues.
- Adjust to constant change, changes in requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and have knowledge of latest technologies. Interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels
- Support the current online gaming infrastructure by deploying Online and Live game features. Maintains virtual game online infrastructure environment.
- Work with local and remote DevOps, Server Side, and Software developers to investigate and design future gaming online infrastructures to support new game features.
- Respond to outages quickly to ensure public availability of our online services.
- Refine processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
- Automate processes to increase efficiencies.
- Help architect solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
- Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand new issues.
- Maintain deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, and Ansible) Work with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
The next EA DevOps Engineer also needs to have:
- Undergraduate/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- Experience managing high traffic services, in release management, tracking and troubleshooting live issues.
- A strong understanding of *nix is mandatory. Familiarity with both RHEL and Debian family distros. Skill with ad-hoc scripting is required. Understanding of primary services like DNS, DHCP, LDAP, logging.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Nomad, Puppet.
- Experience with Monitoring tools, like Graphite, Grafana, Kibana.
- A strong understanding of distributed systems. An Understanding of middleware, proxies and application integration. Understanding of the CAP theorem, techniques for high availability, service discovery, secret management.
- A understanding of networking basics. Switching/routing, VPNs, load balancing, proxying, network virtualization, firewall basics (especially iptables) and general netsec best practices.
- Experience administering Java based technologies
- Working knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle) , caching stack of Memcache, Redis, Cassandra and Message Queuing systems like ActiveMQ, Spark, Kafka, Solr
- Experience with Python is mandatory. Dive into the code during evaluation or while trying to understand behavior. Familiarity with C/C++, Go, Java, and Yum is desirable.