This job might no longer be available.
11 months ago
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Publishing DevOps Engineer to do great things for Star Citizen, a record-breaking crowd-funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
The Publishing DevOps Engineer will work in a cross-disciplinary team environment interfacing with various leads and stakeholders to make the deployment and management of Cloud Imperium’s game service efficient and durable.
- Work closely with engineers from various disciplines to help implement and maintain massively scalable and highly reliable systems
- Monitor and track performance and reliability of our services
- Share on-call responsibility with Publishing Technology team members
- Document systems and processes
- Other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Fundamental knowledge of GNU/Linux resources monitoring tools and /proc
- Fundamental understanding of Virtualization and Containerization concepts
- Fundamental understanding of Database, Networking and Security principles
- Fundamental understanding of the differences between general compute offerings patterns in the cloud i.e. IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, XaaS ...etc.
- Good understanding of Service-oriented Architectures, Container-based deployment and Design Patterns
- Familiarity with Distributed In-memory Data Stores, Real-Time Streaming Data Pipelines, Distributed Search and/or Analytics Engine solutions e.g. Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch .. etc.
- Proficiency using modern programming languages e.g. Python & Golang in automating complex tasks, creating tools or internal APIs
- Hands-on experience with some modern provisioning, configuration management, packaging, service discovery and/or orchestration tools e.g. SaltStack, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Consul ..etc.
- Experience using Version Control Systems e.g. Git
- Operational experience with containerized workloads on Container Orchestration frameworks e.g. Kubernetes
- Maintain Team-first, Continuous Improvement, Clear Communication, Humility, Integrity, and Customer-focused mindsets
- International travel may be required
- Experience in Game Publishing and/or running HPC workloads
- Experience with Hybrid cloud solutions, either across different cloud providers or on-premises HW
- Hands-on experience with multi-regional deployments in AWS or GCP
- AWS, GCP or CNCF recent certifications
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.