DevOps Engineer, Rocket League
8 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Psyonix LLC, the creator of Rocket League, and a subsidiary of Epic Games, is growing the Online Services DevOps team to support multiple development teams. Our backend supports Rocket League online features and various other projects and business services.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with various stakeholders to provide services that enhance the user experience for development teams, internal systems at Psyonix and the Rocket League backend. You will own things like operational excellence, observability and performance at scale.
In This Role You Will
- Help with and advise on the technical direction of the team
- Design and build operational infrastructure to support IT development pipelines, automating where possible
- Design systems that cleanly integrate with legacy and emerging technologies
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, automation, and infrastructure problems
- Provide operational support for developers on the team
- Own the delivery, scalability, and reliability of our backend platform serving hundreds of thousands of concurrent worldwide users
What We're Looking For
- Senior level experience in Terraform and/or Ansible
- Ability to design and implement highly available and reliable solutions
- Strong documentation and diagram skills
- Effective communication
- Proven experience with Linux, and cloud computing technologies such as GCP, AWS or other cloud computing environments
- Demonstrable experience automating tasks and creating tools using a variety of languages (e.g. we use Groovy, Python, Shell, Golang)
- Experience with a continuous delivery model of deploying software
- Proven history working directly with development teams
Nice To Have Skills
- Proficiency with C# or PHP
- Automating Terraform across many environments
- DevOps tools, including Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and MySQL
- Experience operating Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Passion for gaming
IMPORTANT NOTE: Evening, overnight, weekend, holiday and on-call incident response may be required. You must be available to participate in on-call escalation rotations if needed.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.