This job might no longer be available.
DevOps Engineer - Identity/Social
1 year ago
Epic Games is expanding its Tech Ops team to develop large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure to support innovative connected online gaming for new and existing IP. The person in this role will work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic’s games and production systems.
- Build and maintain monitoring and notification systems and troubleshooting tool sets for complex environments
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, network, and infrastructure problems
- Establish efficient operational and escalation procedures
- Extend and improve hardware and network infrastructure availability by utilizing proven hosting technologies and generating plans for future capacity and growth
- Participate in 24x7 on-call incident escalation rotations
- Execute and maintain internal and external SLAs developed with business stakeholders
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery
- Proven experience with deployment of Linux servers in an AWS cloud computing, or other cloud computing environment
- Experience with deployment tools such as Ansible, Saltstack or similar such as Chef, Puppet
- Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating keyboard interactive tools (e.g., Python, Perl, Shell)
- Experience with containerization technologies, such as LXC, CoreOS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience architecting and operating 24/7 services with constant high traffic
- Extensive experience with Linux flavored OSs (CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu)
Preference to candidates with:
- Proficiency in network layer connectivity and security
- Experience with database build, backup, and recovery (MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
This is going to be Epic!