DevOps Engineer (Data Warehouse)
21 days ago
Wargaming is looking for a Big Data Integrator/DevOps to join the Maintenance team, of its Data Warehouse (DWH) unit. In this position, you will help develop and support the data warehouse.
All the DWH units share a common mission—to deliver data that helps the Company make key business decisions.
The Maintenance team operates the existing infrastructure which consists of an Oracle Exadata, Hadoop cluster of 24 nodes with a total capacity of 2 petabytes and Snowflake cloud solution. The team's responsibilities include the creation of stable data processing pipelines, monitoring the cluster, and troubleshooting issues.
In this role you will be required to learn and improve your skills working with the following tools and technologies: Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Kafka, Kudu, Spark, Snowflake, Airflow.
What will you do?
- Develop and support scheduled upload processes
- Develop and optimize internal services for processing large amounts of data
- Develop and support automation processes
- Develop solutions for collecting and uploading data sets
- Implement and support industrial solutions for data processing
- Process and resolve data-related incidents
What are we looking for?
- Working experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Professional work experience with Linux
- Experience scripting in Python
- Good knowledge of basic concepts and principles of building data warehouses
- Basic knowledge of the DevOps stack: Bash, Git, CI/CD, Jenkins and Airflow
- Perfect written and verbal communication skills in Russian
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What will help you stand out?
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Spark, Kudu)
- Experience with cloud data platforms (Snowflake and others)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.