Desktop Support Technician
22 days ago
Job Title:Desktop Support Technician
Job Title: Desktop Support I (Temporary)
Reports To: Manager, QA-MIS
Division: Quality Assurance
I. Basic Function:
The Desktop Support Technician 1 is a support function to the Senior Lead, QA-MIS / Manager, CSQA Technology and outside CSQA ATVI groups and developers. This position will provide hardware support, software support and licensing, research on technology issues and development of better training in those technologies. The Desktop Support Technician maintains developer relations, and inventory control for the entire Quality Assurance department. This person will do their part to ensure an effective and organized QA department that releases the highest quality products possible.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
Hardware Support (30%)
· Maintenance and repair of systems to keep them up to project standards.
· Purchase, setup, and installation of new computers.
· Troubleshooting hardware problems.
· Install new applications in accordance with license agreements, and prevention of intentional and accidental piracy of software.
· Troubleshooting software problems.
Research and Development (20%)
· Obtain and evaluate information about new systems, peripherals, and software technology.
· Update inventory database, keeping track of all assets currently in the possession of the QA department and equipment loaned to outside QA groups and developers.
Special projects as needed (15%)
III. Position Qualifications:
A) Educational Requirements:
· Four-year college or university degree in Computer Science or Entertainment related area OR a combination of experience, education, and training
equivalent to a four-year college degree in Computer Science or Entertainment.
B) Special Knowledge, Skills:
· Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple projects.
· Proven knowledge of Computers (PC and/or Macintosh) at both software and hardware levels.
· Strong skills with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
· Familiarity with the major video game (set top box) platforms, such as Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, etc.
· Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel for Windows.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows server administration and software products.
· Strong knowledge of communications, on-line services and the Internet.
· Knowledge to troubleshoot hardware and software issues with PCs and Consoles.
· Knowledge to identify difference pieces of hardware such as video card, sound card, network card, RAM, HDD, motherboard, CPU, etc.
· Communicates with a high degree of understanding, conciseness, professionalism, and directness.
· Honesty, punctuality, and a strong work ethic.
c) Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
· Proven technical work experience with computers (PC and/or Macintosh) at both the
software and hardware levels.
· Previous experience with QA testing is a plus.
d) Other Qualifications and/or Requirements:
· Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
· Strong work ethic.
· Proven ability to learn and implement new software testing procedures.
· Proven ability to train new testers.
· Proven knowledge of systems, software and peripherals and their relation to various types of games.
· Ability to access any service or system quickly to obtain information.
· Must be a strong gamer, with interests in many different genres of games.
· On call on the weekend when needed.
· Willing to work long hours (8+) under pressure and be a flexible, forward-thinking team-worker.
IV. Physical Requirements:
The position requires the ability to perform essential job functions which may typically include sitting; walking; standing; bending; use of hands to type, handle or feel, reach with arms or hands, stoop, kneel, talk, see, hear and carry items such as papers, notebooks, pens, television, consoles, debug, computer, monitor or any hardware up to 50 lbs, etc.
Special vision requirements:
1) ability to maintain clear vision at close distances (20 inches or less) and at long distances (20 feet or more);
2) identify and distinguish between colors
3) utilize depth perception and peripheral vision
4) adjust to focus.
This position also requires the ability to tolerate moderate noise levels.