Desktop Support Administrator
14 days ago
Who is SkyBox Labs?
Recognized as one of BC's Top Employers (2024)
, SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 270+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let’s talk about what we’re hiring for:
As a Desktop Support Administrator based in our Burnaby office, you will be part of our supportive team that resolves IT related issues across our growing gaming studio. As first point of contact, your role will be pivotal to our studios, solving a diverse set of technical requests, with an immediate impact on both individuals and the studio as a whole. Enthusiastic individuals who enjoy a flexible and dynamic environment would enjoy this role best.
A snapshot of your role:
- Be the first point of contact to support and solve technical queries and issues across the studio
- Hardware setups: including PCs, laptops, dev kits, and peripheral equipment
- Track, maintain, and organize IT resources across the studio, including assisting with procurement and equipment moves
- Support IT administrative tasks such as user management for our growing studio
- Prepare equipment and help onboard new employees, as well as provide remote support
- Use your positive demeanor, problem-solving skills, and expert communication skills to support individuals and the studio as a whole
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- Degree and/or diploma, and experience handling desktop support and tier 1 IT issues to troubleshoot end-user problems
- Knowledge and experience working with Google Suite, Google Admin, Active Directory, Windows 10, an IT Ticketing system, Powershell, and Office 365
- The ability to articulate ideas, communicate effectively with the end-user, and write concise and accurate documentation
- Experience with balancing competing priorities and handling working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A positive, customer-service-oriented philosophy
- Knowledge and experience working with video game hardware would be highly valued
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid and remote working arrangements: leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Burnaby Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, explore other disciplines through our Guild Program, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and various group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
The base salary range is $50,000 - $75,000. The stated pay scale reflects the range that SkyBox Labs reasonably expects to pay for this position. Your base salary will be determined by various factors including, but not limited to, qualifications, skills, and experience.
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.