Designer Technique / Technical Designer
17 days ago
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
The Technical Designer will report to the Technical Design Director.
What you'll do:
- Identify tools, features and workflows improvements to meet project goals and improve the quality of life for design content creators.
- Review tool and feature development with team members against identified needs.
- Determine best practices in relation to tools / features for design content creators, advocate those through example content and technical documentation.
- Build first passes of content / review first passes to help with future development
- Provide support to design content creators on their tasks at all stages of a project.
- At times, own complex content and features as the project requires.
Who you are:
- Experience in design or programming, with a focus on technical tasks.
- Skills in scripting, visual scripting or coding.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, ideas and technical issues to other team members and being comfortable offering constructive feedback.
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach to tasks and issues.
- An understanding and awareness of the impact workflows can have on game development
- Shipped titles as Technical Designer or equivalent.