This job might no longer be available.
7 months ago
WHAT WE VALUE...
Gameplay first. The essential foundation of a great gaming experience starts with gameplay. Every detail is crafted with purpose;
all of our development disciplines contribute towards creating an incredible gameplay experience for our players.
Respawn is looking for a highly skilled Designer/Scripter who will create exciting scripted moments and accompanying
level design in the game. We’re picturing someone who is both creative and technical, and who can own and deliver some of the
most memorable experiences and story moments in the game. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a
Bachelors or Masters program in the summer of 2020, slated to graduate in Fall of 2021 or Spring of 2022.
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an
online presentation, or attaching documents to your resume. Please apply with as many examples of the following:
● Provide scripts and/or code samples.
● Exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of
screenshots. Include any relevant design projects.
● Examples of level design and/or scripting you have created.
WHAT IS IT LIKE...
● Creative Freedom
● Genuine Game Feel
● Align on Values
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR...
● Design Sensibilities and Insight
● You’ve Made Stuff You Are Proud Of
● Potential Over Experience
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE...
● Experience working in a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events.
● A strong attention to detail and the ability to meticulously polish gameplay moments to a AAA quality.
● Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental
storytelling, testing, etc.
● Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
● Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
● Self-direction and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we