2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Design Director to help push the quality and innovation to the next level with our talented Design Team!
- Hire, develop, coach, and enable Survios’ talented design department.
- Contribute, share, and enforce best craft practices for the design department.
- Review high-level specifications and design features across projects to ensure they meet the functional needs and quality bar of the studio.
- Interact with studio leadership and peers in other functions regarding department objectives, development progress, staffing, and timelines.
- Act as a leader, mentor, and role model to the design department: developing and training in-studio designers across craft development, professional growth, and work-life balance.
- 8 years of game design experience required, 10+ years preferred.
- Must have proven success in game development, typically in a leading Design role. Prior experience as a Design Director a plus.
- Proven ability managing small to large teams.
- Possesses a mastery of game design principles such as design theory and methodologies, directing player experience, player behavior, choice and motivation, game progression and pacing, etc.
- Advanced at deconstructing compelling and innovative game design elements and understanding the correlation with player experience and satisfaction. Distills and shares insights within the team, and maintains exceptionally deep knowledge of competitive products and trends.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how areas of ownership manifest in game design and the overall production pipeline.
- Possesses a highly advanced understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline.
- Exceptional ability to communicate design concepts effectively, verbally, in written format, and visually to other disciplines.
- Comfortable expressing empathy and displays strong interpersonal skills.
- A dedication to mentoring and growing talent.
- Previous experience working with VR.
- Experience in Unreal Engine and blueprints.
- Technical / in-engine design experience.
- Degree in related discipline a plus.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.