Deep Learning Engineer, Avatar Emotion
2 days ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® since 2018 . We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Deep Learning Engineer on our Avatar Emotion team, you will be working on projects that allow for our users to project their digital selves into the Metaverse. Powered by deep learning, computer vision and visual effects, we are enabling a new era of virtual communication and experiences through the creation, animation and sharing of personalized, 3D avatars.
- Experienced applying deep learning to computer vision problems
- Knowledgeable of convolutional networks and common architectures (Inception, ResNet, DenseNet, etc)
- Proficient with at least one deep learning library (TensorFlow, Torch, MXNet, etc)
- Familiar with traditional computer vision in C++ with libraries such as OpenCV
- Solid with software design skills and the ability to write organized, efficient, readable and reusable research code
- Strong with communication and collaboration
- MS/PhD in a related field with an emphasis on computer vision or machine learning, or BS with equivalent industry experience
You Might Have:
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production environments
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark, or distributed training of deep learning models
- Knowledge of algorithms applied to faces such as face recognition, landmarking, or reconstruction, or advanced deep learning topics
- Knowledge of algorithms for facial animation synthesis from audio, video and other signals
- Publications in machine learning or computer vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ICML, NIPS, etc)
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination