11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego Studio Data Scientist
PlayStation - San Diego Studio, San Diego, CA
Are you an expert in all things data? Are you a baseball fan? Would you enjoy supporting the development efforts of games used by passionate loyalists around the world? Does a career opportunity influencing the most successful gaming platform of all time interest you?
Our San Diego Studio team seeks a Data Scientist. You will provide insights that allow our game development teams to make informed decisions, improve player experiences, create predictive models and algorithms, retain future usage and drive overall profitability. You will have the ability to create data driven narratives that will be used to grow our studio culture. If this is you, you need to come and play with us here at Sony PlayStation!
- Advise, define and implement quantitative gameplay data to ensure a robust understanding of overall player motivation and behavior
- Contribute unique, personal ideas that provide insights impacting game design and quality
- Create and maintain advanced statistical and machine learning models that allow game teams to understand player segments, engagement and spender behavior
- Liaise with other team members and departments to determine project needs and requirements
- Effectively communicate with other teams, and tell stories with data
- Mine data sets and develop reports for live service teams, game developers and executives
- Drive improvements in data quality and structure within the data warehouse
- Minimum 2 years experience focused in data mining, modeling, statistics and machine learning
- M.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field and/or experience
- Advanced understanding and application of various statistical analysis and machine learning methods
- Possess the ability to query large, robust data sets with SQL
- Experience with data visualization packages, such as Tableau, Power BI or R Shiny
- Experience with statistical software, such as R or Python
- Ability to clearly and concisely create and communicate analysis results and insights to various business groups
- Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced game development environment
- High degree of initiative and ability to learn
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience with querying and working with live data
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure (Redshift, Sagemaker, Glue)
- Understand the rules of the sport of baseball
- Passion for video games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.