Data Scientist Intern - Summer 2022
2 days ago
Do you want to help connect people all over the world, and work on a team building the next generation of planet-scale AR games? We’re looking for hardworking people to help our company become more data-focused - folks with the ability to be dedicated, thorough, and independent while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You will work with a team of hard-working analytics and data science professionals and directly with cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, optimize product performance, and/or develop operational strategy.
- You will analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data and develop deep-dive analyses and models that drive value for our players and our games.
- Have a “product first” mentality that aligns with our mission, values and strategy.
- Translate quantitative findings in concise and clear messages to stakeholders and external partners.
- Graduate degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, machine learning, economics or a related field.
- Experience with using SQL; deep knowledge using Python or R.
- Deep understanding of statistics, math and modeling techniques.
- Experience with randomized control trials, and experimental design.
- Hands-on experience building end-to-end data pipelines, ETL processes, and/or production models.
- Previous experience on geospatial data analysis, social graph analysis and/or gaming analytics.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain problems and methodologies to different audiences including executives.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.