Data Scientist, Digital Sales Planning
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 days ago
layStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Data Scientist, Digital Sales Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together a team from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of this, we are creating a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will drive the value proposition of the PlayStation Store.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Sales Planning, you will be responsible for using predictive analytics and modeling to support the strategic direction of the Content Lifecycle Management team.
You will focus on building statistical models to deliver forecasts and insights to support the content lifecycle planning process for key franchises.
You are an enthusiastic and flexible great teammate with a strong analytical mind, and thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- You will focus on building and maintaining forecasting models to create shared objectives and financial targets for key franchises
- Apply advanced analytical methods such as customer segmentation and predictive modeling to drive value from consumer and sales data
- You can use predictive analytics to evaluate content lifecycle opportunities and drive the achievement of revenue and digital market share targets for key franchises
- You love partnering with teams and you will work closely with Content Lifecycle managers to understand their evolving data needs and provide actionable insights to support the content lifecycle planning process
- You will extract, analyze, synthesize and interpret data from multiple sources to build a comprehensive picture of key franchises
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a commercially focused analytical role, preferably in the digital retail and/or digital entertainment industry
- Proven theoretical and practical understanding of Machine Learning and Statistics
- Industry experience with time series modeling or demand forecasting
- Proven track record of using data to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data, and provide actionable recommendations
- Ability to articulate ideas and present complex analysis to non-technical audiences
- You are able to work collaboratively across different functions
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Fluency in SQL and at least one statistical language: R, Python
- Experience with analytical and visualization tools: MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, databox
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical or mathematical field
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.