Data Science Program Manager
9 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented Data Science Program Manager who possesses a passion for data, games, and nurturing junior level teams through management. This candidate can identify and solve business needs within the data science discipline by guiding and employing the efforts of a team promising interns and gifted junior talent.
This full-time position can sit out of Rockstar's creative game studio in Manhattan, NYC or our studio in San, Diego, CA
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Manage a team of interns, entry level data analysts, and data scientists. This would include training, group mentoring, assessment, and technical guidance.
- Partner with HR and TA group leadership to build a sustainable pipeline of new talent into our data analytics group.
- Identify and lead analytic experiments and research aligned with long-term, strategic initiatives.
- Leverage development, retail, and 3rd party data to help lead the design, development, and delivery of emergent tech such as machine learning.
- Influence the analytics roadmap.
- Experience in data science or similar role in the video game, marketing, finance, forensics, or technology fields required.
- Experience in Academic setting OR professional team management in the data analytics field in a professional setting.
- Experience in machine learning, statistical languages, and systems such as Python and R.
- Experience with big data and big data technologies such as Snowflake and Hadoop.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop and Snowflake.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD).
- Game industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.