Data Operations Engineer – Ubisoft Data Office (W/M/NB)
25 days ago
As part of the Ubisoft Data Office (UDO), the Data Operations team mainly aims at supporting the industrialization effort of its Domains (Brand, Consumer, Corporate, Production). In addition, the team must act as the first point of contact and responder on all questions related to their final data products (web portal, dashboard, dataset, etc.). Therefore, when it comes to data usage and mere insights or guidance, the team embodies a bridge between UDO and other Ubisoft entities (Global Publishing, International HQ, Production teams, etc.).
As a data expert, you are both interested in operations – in the sense that you feel at ease in understanding and challenging your internal partners analytical needs as well as priorities around data - and data pipeline, might it be manual, intermediate, or industrialized. Responsible for the overall quality of broadly shared information, you have a high understanding of the data ecosystem, state and can anticipate or detect problems in order to ensure a long-term good use of it.
You need to:
- Define and promote a common language (data governance).
- Organize the implementation of solutions to correct the existing situation (via a posteriori processing, but also upstream with governance methods to be developed).
- Implement tools that will make your future tasks easier – you will have the freedom to build on existing tools or create new ones with an automation mindset.
Given the exposure of this position within the Ubisoft organization, we are looking for a profile capable of being pedagogical and assertive to create long-term collaborations.
Your missions on this position are the following:
- You understand the analytical needs of the company's various business lines and their ecosystems;
- You manage and maintain a knowledge base of the various data, their respective business rules and their life cycle. You describe, document and explain data flows;
- You participate in the industrialization of Domains data by identifying sources and needs;
- You establish a roadmap of deliverables and ensure their follow-up;
- You ensure that the data provided to the teams and best practices are well understood.
Relevant experience, skills and knowledge
- You are proficient in data manipulation tools such as Python, SQL, Excel, etc.; mastery of visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) is appreciated;
- You understand business needs and have the ability to make complex information accessible;
- You are a rigorous, organized, pragmatic and persevering person;
- You like to find automated solutions to make your job easier;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills (communication, critical thinking, problem-solving mindset), you know how to collaborate with any type of stakeholder and popularize your explanations if necessary;
- Fluency in English is critical for this role.
Ubisoft's perks (for a position based in France)
💰 Profit Sharing, yearly company saving plan. 25 paid time off + 12 additional paid days off. 50% of your Navigo pass is paid by the company, lunch vouchers (9€/day), healthcare for you and your family, and lots of Ubisoft additional perks.
👶 Maternity leaves of 20 weeks, paternity/co-parental leaves of 7 weeks.
📍 Our brand new office is located in Saint Mandé, (Metro line 1, Saint Mandé station). Gym available in the building. Ability to work remotely.
[30 minutes] : phone call with a Recruiter,
[60 minutes] : interview with a the Data Operations Manager and with a Recruiter,
[60 minutes] : interview with the Data Referentials & Operations Director,
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers’ community.
The job reports to Ubisoft IT.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
- Location: Paris, France
- Duration of work: Full-time
- Remote or on-site: Flexible working organization to be discussed with the manager of the role
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.