Head of Data Engineering
Krasnodar Krasnodar Krai Russia
10 days ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you.
Arkadium is looking for an exceptional, experienced Data Manager to play an integral role within our Base Engineers department.
This role is based in Krasnodar, but will remain remote until Summer 2021.
- Responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the Data and Analytics department.
- Builds data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database.
- Strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities
- Responsible for the full life-cycle of the back-end development of the business’s data warehouse as well as the development of ETL processes, cube development for database and performance administration, and dimensional designing of the table structures
- Collaborate with all data science team members and other colleagues on data analysis projects
- Strong understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling, batch and streaming data architectures.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles.
- Focus on data warehouse technical architectures, data modeling, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools and extracting value from large datasets.
- Knowing ‘Big data’ Azure services will be a big plus (Data Lake Analytics, Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Spark, HDInsight, HDFS, Hive)
- Experience with SQL Server and SSAS monitoring and workload optimization.
- Proficiency in Python or C# or other similar languages.
- Upper intermediate English level and good speaking skills.
- Ability to manage time and assigned tasks efficiently.
- Health Insurance with heavily subsidized medical, dental & vision plans starting on day one
- Performance-based quarterly bonuses
- A good balance between work and personal life, including Happy Fridays in the summer
- Additional paid time off
- A focus on professional growth through internal classes, access to professional conferences, and specialized training and certification to industry standards;