Data Infrastructure Engineer
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Data Infrastructure builds, automates and maintains the underlying systems to allow our data pipelines to function. We work closely with multiple teams across the company to provide both streaming and scheduled analytics and reporting. We identify solutions across our cloud based landscape that allow teams to utilize the full potential of our services, and act on the behalf of our teams to standardize best practices across our stacks.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for an infrastructure engineer with experience working collaboratively on a team to build repeatable, reliable infrastructure using infrastructure as code. Experience working with APIs in either Python or Go is preferred. Our ideal candidate has AWS experience, is exposed to Kubernetes, and can articulate cloud networks and their tradeoffs both in regions and multi-regions. They have experience troubleshooting operational issues on virtual machines, and have no problems making changes across a large fleet of systems.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate, plan, and execute deployments of data technologies across a cloud environment.
- Maintain and service existing services including Apache Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
- Work with your peers as well as our vendors to bring the right platform to our teams.
- Author and modify existing Terraform and Ansible.
- Analyze and improve on our existing network infrastructure in the cloud.
- Help support legacy systems as we move to newer tools and technologies.
- Monitor, respond and proactively support online services in a 4+ person weekly on-call schedule.
- Triage and respond to incidents as part of a team.
What we're looking for
- Experience using either Python3 or Go against APIs.
- Someone knowledgeable with Terraform and its uses across multiple providers.
- Experience with AWS cloud computing (EC2, EKS, EMR, Route53, VPCs, Subnets, Route Tables).
- Experience monitoring, logging, and analyzing service health across multiple regions.
- Experience moving standalone processes to CI engines.
- Exposure or interest working with Data pipeline technologies.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.