2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data engineers operate at the forefront of this by creating datasets that drive decisions across all of Twitch. You will shape the way that performance is measured, establish how we transform our data, and scale analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions.
We're looking for an experienced data engineer to join our Monetization Business and BI team, which is focused on making trusted, reusable data assets for data analysts, data scientists, and applied scientists in Ads, Commerce, and throughout Twitch to use. Your responsibilities will include developing and enhancing our data warehouse and datamarts which act as sources of truth across the company, working with data producers to ensure data coverage partnering with other data tool creators driving data quality, and connecting into data interfaces that allow everyone at Twitch to use the data. In the process, you will work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout Twitch.
- Delight data consumers throughout Twitch by ensuring they have the data they need to inform decisions, where and when they need it.
- Define and own organization-level data architecture for a trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their questions.
- Prioritize projects from a diverse set of partners
- Protect data sources against data quality issues: work with data producers to ensure data passes acceptance tests; design, develop and maintain data quality monitoring and assurance framework; and continuously improve the processes for developing new ones, raising the level of quality expected from our work.
- Improve data discovery: create data exploration processes and promote adoption of data sources across the company.
- Optimize business, engineering, and data processes via data architecture, engineering, testing, and operational excellence best practices.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles
- 3+ years using relational database concepts with a working knowledge of SQL, SQL Tuning, data modeling best principles, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience generating data pipelines from multiple data sources, in collaboration with diverse team members
- Experience with development best practices, including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, or Athena
- Experience with Python
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.