15 days ago
PeopleFun is the award-winning creator of mobile games for players across the globe. We are part of the AppLovin studios family with world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure. PeopleFun is a rapidly growing Dallas-based studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our games are played by over 25 million players each month and we have a number of exciting mid-core and casual games in development. Our mission is to create the best games by creating the best game creation environment! Our current portfolio of games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game.
PeopleFun is seeking a Data Engineer who will work closely with Data Analysts to build a robust multi-sourced data pipeline into a central warehouse that supports scalability for multiple live games with continuously evolving data requirements over the life cycle of each game.
This person will be responsible for developing data frameworks, models, tools, and processes that are reliable and easily modified to support new data sources and changes to existing data pipelines. This person will also be responsible for developing ETL routines that provide data validation and maintain aggregated tables.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Work closely with product and game teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across many platforms.
- Take ownership and have a high sense of urgency to deliver projects and troubleshoot data issues
- Collaborate with product, engineering (web, client, backend), and analysis teams across the organization to help develop, maintain, and operate our BI systems
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing,’ identifying and addressing gaps and issues in the existing data pipelines
- Implement new requests from Data Scientists, Game Analysts and Product Managers to fulfill their data needs
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a quantitative role.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, or equivalent.
- Experience with data warehouse systems such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Vertica, or Redshift.
- BigQuery experience is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, JSON, Python, and other scripting languages
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining server-to-server data pipelines
- Experience developing and maintaining ETL processes that optimize the data warehouse including data validation, automated aggregations, and managing large datasets
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and coding
- Experience with social games or mobile apps
- Experience with data analysis and validation logic
- Experience with Tableau Online and maintaining published data sources
- Passion for playing games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K w/ employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- On-Site Gym at DFW location and free Yoga classes
- $1,500 annual training allowance
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- $600 home office set-up allowance
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and annual company trip
- Happy hours, social events and more