Remote United Kingdom
11 days ago
Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based s erver i nfrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always functioning and reliable , it is equally important that we continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
We are looking for an ambitious data engineer to join our DataOps team! The DataOps team is responsible for driving the technology behind ingesting millions of events every day from a variety of sources and providing them to the rest of the business for making data informed decisions.
You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data architecture to support our ever-growing nee d for deeper insights. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with data , has proven experience w orking with data pipelines and is excited by the prospect shaping the future of data collection and analytics infrastructure initiatives in the company.
You r teammates will consist of a small DataOps team working closely w ith the Insights team to support the data needs of cross-functional teams. The role will offer you a chance to provide meaningful impact to the company whilst work ing with modern Cloud technologies .
- Proven u nderstanding of the BI stack including d ata warehous ing, ETL and BI visualisation layer tools
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience working with AWS big-data cloud services: Redshift, Elastic Map Reduce
- Programming in o bject-oriented and scripting languages
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Stream processing e.g. Kinesis
- Git or other source control
- Familiarity with Linux CLI and BASH scripting
- Experience in database design and technical doc umentation
- 3 + years industry experience in a data engineering or similar role .
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer science, informatics or similar field
- Business analysis skills
- Knowledge of NoSQL
- Knowledge of ML engineering
- Passion for deliver ing quality solutions
- Familiarity of agile methodologies
- Experience working with CI/CD and a DevOps mindset to delivering data solutions
- Strong analytical skills and a ction biased
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.