10 days ago
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America is looking for a skilled, experienced, and energetic Data Engineer to join the Digital Business Engineering team. This role will help the company and our game developer partners discover critical information hidden in vast amounts of data that help make informed decisions that help deliver a better a gaming experience. Your primary focus will be in collecting accurate data, applying data mining and machine learning techniques, helping with statistical analysis, and supporting the framework for visualizing the data to make it understandable for non-technical audiences. You will partner closely with Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Producers and Marketing to strengthen our analytical and business intelligence capabilities within our company. Your goal is to help build, support, and evangelize the importance of data as it relates to monetization, player engagement, retention, and other core KPI’s for our existing games, new releases, and online experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop fast, scalable, and impactful Game Publishing Platform to help the organization and external game developers to launch big game titles globally
- Develop systems to enhance current processes and contributing to add new capabilities for publishing on multiple gaming platforms like Mobile/PC/XB1/PS4 etc.
- Support game service launches and operations with Restful API developments to lift the service value
- Develop tools and automation for improving service productivity and efficiency
- You have 3+ years’ work experience analyzing large datasets in an analytics or product centric role
- You are familiar with SQL, Hive, or other querying languages
- You are familiar with some of these technical stacks: Python, Java, Golang, Shell scripting, fluentd, Kafka, Kinesis, Gobblin, Airflow, Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Aurora, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, BigQuery
- You are proficient with data visualization like Google Data Studio, Tableau, Superset, d3, Redash, Metabase, or other tools
- Experience working on Cloud based infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Selfstarter with a positive attitude
- Experience building systems for analyzing data from online and free-to-play games
- Experience working with R, MatLab, or other statistical packages
- Experience working on data analytics, especially on machine learning techniques and algorithms for classification/clustering, such as K-means, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
This position will have no supervisory responsibilities.
BS/MS or the equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Math, Performance Marketing, or related technical degree
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.