11 days ago
Job Title:Data Engineer
Activision is seeking a high performing Data Engineer to the join the Corporate IT Business Intelligence team. The Data Engineer will be working closely with architects/product owners/business analysts and various functional teams to understand the data requirements and implement solutions in Google Cloud Platform.
This position will be part of the Business Intelligence team being responsible for the design and development of data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various internal/external data sources in varied data formats to the cloud data warehouse. The position will have opportunities to push the boundaries of new business capabilities using new google technologies including AI & ML. If you want to create amazing user experiences using the latest technologies, then this is the right job for you.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- · Work with architects and business partners to build out technical solutions to import data from external cloud and internal application sources, utilizing industry standards to cleanse, integrate, transform, and load this data into the cloud data warehouse
- · Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement data requirements to drive organizational strategies and objectives.
- · Develop and support the entire data warehouse lifecycle, including requirements gathering, data profiling, design, development, testing, ongoing support and enhancements for analytics and management teams.
- · Design, implement & maintain ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and cloud sources; ensure data is verified and quality is checked. ETL/ELT knowledge is required.
- · Create complex SQL queries, data transformation & aggregations to support analytics.
- · Consult with business partners, analytics teams, management, and other business analysts to clarify program objectives, determine scope, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- · Uses comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relational data base concepts, including data architecture, operational data stores, ETL/ELT processes, interface processes, multidimensional modeling, data warehouse concepts, master data management, and data manipulation.
- · Work with REST APIs to integrate third party data sources to the data warehouse
- · Support implemented BI solutions by working with the infrastructure teams to carry out monitoring, tuning, and performance analysis, addressing user questions regarding data integrity, and communicating functional and technical issues.
- · Participate in administering, maintenance, patching and upgrade of ETL/ELT and visualization tools.
- · 3+ years’ experience in designing, building and operationalizing enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of the leading cloud providers. GCP being preferred
- · Required experience with GCP or similar cloud tool like - Spark, Hive, Cloud DataProc, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Beam/ composer, BigQuery, Cloud PubSub, Cloud storage & Cloud Functions.
- · 4+ years’ hands on experience working with an ELT/ETL tools for data transformation.
- · 4+ years’ experience working in SQL using relational/columnar databases such as BigQuery, Redshift etc.
- · 3+ years’ experience working with python and Unix scripting
- · 2+ years’ experience working with Visualization tools like Tableau/Looker/Qlik etc.
- · Experience migrating applications from on-premise to cloud platforms.
- · Experience with data warehouse design and participated in at least 1 end to end cloud data warehouse implementation
- · Experience implementing data warehouse data segregation and security policies in a cloud environment.
- · Highly organized team player with the ability to innovate, multi-task and set priorities effectively
- · Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
- · Ability to interface effectively and decisively with all infrastructure teams, various levels of management & departments.
- · Must have a solid understanding of BI best practices and advanced knowledge of data structures, modeling, structured query language (SQL) and data warehouse techniques.
- · Experience working with Git or other cloud version control tools
- · Experience with ML & AI capabilities.
- · Experience working with and administering Tableau Server.
- · Experience working with cloud platforms GCP or AWS
- · Experience working with Java
- · Experience working in the entertainment or video game industries
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.