Data Engineer (World of Tanks)
26 days ago
Wargaming is looking to hire a proactive, passionate, and goal-oriented Data Engineer (Data Steward/SQL Developer) possessing deep technical knowledge on high-load telemetry systems creation and operation along with project management skills necessary for keeping the World of Tanks data storage, transfer, and usage efficient.
We gather various types of information on what is happening within the “tank universe” — from economic and financial data to detailed battle statistics including the coordinates of every shot taken and every tank’s movement in battle, interface telemetry, and much more. Everything is stored in the same data warehouse and is available for analysis in a 24/7 mode.
You will work together with the Data Warehouse team managing the storage, the infrastructure, and the reporting system. Also, you’ll be in touch with more than 60 other analysts around the world making up the Wargaming Global Analyst Network.
The games industry is one of the most data-saturated ones, providing an excellent opportunity to implement the most advanced analytical techniques and get tangible results for your input.
We implement the best analytics tools and tech, investing plenty of time and effort into adopting new solutions as they appear on the market.
What will you do?
- Define the design of telemetry systems controlling the situation within the product or its subsystems, working together with data analysts, game designers, product managers, and developers
- Organize and support data storage and its transfer from game severs to the DWH (Data Warehouse) infrastructure over the entire development cycle (from concept to release) of features, game modes and events
- Develop technical documentation for product telemetry systems and keep it up to date, and check the systems and the data for compliance with business, GDPR, and integrity requirements
- Coordinate activities and communications between different departments and teams related to data storage, transfer and process
- Create and support the team’s analytical infrastructure (ETLs) and also the systems for data monitoring and quick delivery of information on the product’s state (the dashboards) to the management and the teams concerned
- Assist analysts, managers, and other product teams in procuring data crucial for decision making from and via our data storage and delivery systems; as a data expert, expand and fill in the knowledge base on these systems to be used by other teams
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years’ experience in a Data Engineer / Data Steward / ETL Development Engineer / Data Integration Engineer position
- Deep understanding of the theory and working principles of relational databases, and the storage and processing of large volumes of data
- Knowledge of SQL at an expert level, including experience creating, tuning, and launching ETLs
- Experience working in Hadoop (Cloudera Impala and Hive), Oracle, Snowflake
- Experience formalizing and planning business tasks, and decomposing them into specifications and technical assignments for telemetry systems development, and the descriptions of existing systems and processes
- Deep knowledge of the theory and working principles of relational databases and DWH infrastructure
- Good communication, time and workload management skills
- English level - intermediate and higher
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience and knowledge in R/Python, Tableau and other BI Tools
- Ready to learn and to absorb and systemize large amounts of data over short periods of time
- Experience working with SVN, GIT (version control systems)
- Knowledge in informatics, mathematics, and statistics
- Versatile gaming experience, 1000+ battles played in World of Tanks
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Belgrade include:
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum dependent on years of service with Wargaming Group
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- English clubs and platform for learning languages
- Premium Private Health Care
- Commuting allowance
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.