Data Engineer [Live Operations]
1 month ago
We’re enhancing the data science infrastructure here at Massive Entertainment in our Game Intelligence department, and we're seeking a Data Engineer to help us influence infrastructure decisions and wrangle terabytes of player-originated data!
As a Data Engineer at Massive, you'll oversee the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of our game data. Contribute to the infrastructure design, building data warehouses, as well as industrializing prototypes developed by the team. You'll do this together with the support of Data Scientists, Analysts, IT, and Cloud providers. Ultimately, understanding their needs and proposing robust technical solutions to business requirements in a complex technical environment.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture, in collaboration with Massive and Ubisoft data teams;
- Maximizing utilization of existing infrastructure and managing its extension; when needed, designing and building ETLs that process data from a wide variety of sources;
- Assembling large & complex datasets from heterogeneous data sources, fulfilling business, technical and performance constraints;
- Identifying, designing and implementing automation tools, CI/CD pipelines, unit tests or any relevant solution, to ensure data quality and robustness;
- Industrializing prototypes developed by the team, into scalable and robust solutions used by internal or external clients or application;
- Helping define the department’s data infrastructure standards, and processes;
- Documenting processes, ETLs, reports, and tools, within the centralized dept documentation repository.
You as a person
You are multi-disciplined, perhaps with a background in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT. You're an excellent problem solver, able to recommend and implement ways to improve our data reliability. You love to build tools that are useful for others and are Team-Orientated. All the while, you're curious and never stop learning.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following experience and hard skills:
- More than 3 years’ experience with Data Engineering and working with Data Warehouse solutions. Ideally from online services working with large data sets .
- Degree in data engineering/science, a similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge, experience working with relational and nosql databases, working familiarity with a wide range of database system;
- Proficient in Python, Scala, Typescript, shell-script;
- Proficient user with Hive/Spark framework, Amazon Web Services ecosystem (notably CDK), and Apache Airflow;
- Proven work experience with complete data pipeline design, deployment and maintenance in a production environment
- Proven work experience with automated deployment tools, CI/CD pipelines, and serverless deployment utilities
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
Good to know
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below, our blog on how Data Science can improve Games, and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.