This job might no longer be available.
Data Engineer Internship
26 days ago
Job Title:Data Engineer Internship
Data Engineer Internship
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Interns will be required to be onsite at the Demonware Vancouver office following the team's work schedule (hybrid, 3 days a week), a relocation package may be offered depending on eligibility.
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our franchises. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world’s biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are a technology company and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
We’re open to work terms of 8+ months. If you just graduated, we still want to hear from you!
Demonware's data team is responsible for creating the services and infrastructure that ingest the billions of events our games emit each day. At this scale, the challenges we face empower our engineers to flex their creative engineering muscles. When we get things right the analysts, studios and developers that interact with our systems can rapidly go from question to insight without ever having to talk to us.
The Demonware data team also works with studios to model and instrument the things that matter. We work with our customers to ship data forward applications, ensure compliance of data produced and oversee the quality throughout.
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Some of the technologies we use are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day-to-day basis, and interns have a huge impact on what we do. We’ve had interns produce code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
- Design, develop, and support scalable and efficient data applications, tools and frameworks
- Assist in developing solutions around our big data platforms using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Spark-Streaming, Flink, Beam, and others
- Development of APIs & microservices to access, transform and deliver analytics data
- Collaborate closely with other engineers on the data team who are responsible for managing various aspects of our data footprint including data instrumentation, ingestion, streaming, processing, transformation, and visualization
- Creating tools to automate all the things!
- Comfortable with one or more computer programming languages (Python, Scala, Java, Kotlin, etc.)
- Understanding of SQL−based and relational databases
- A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Passion for working with big data technologies
- Interest in the data creation lifecycle, from 1's and 0's to driving business decisions
- Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions
- · Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English
- Linux/Unix command line and scripting knowledge
- Experience with distributed software development (scalability, efficiency)
- Experience working with Big Data (Kafka, PubSub, Spark, Presto, Flink, Beam, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud
- Experience with CI/CD, unit and integration testing, orchestration and containerization tools e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any exciting school assignments you worked on, any open-source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
- BBQs and Lunch & Learns
- City-center office location
- Vacation allowance
- Competitive pay
- Free games
How to Apply
You can apply directly through your Coop office or directly apply at demonware.net
If you are not applying through your school program, please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts.
The standard base pay range for this role is 65,000 CAD annually. This value is the expected annualized base pay of interns in British Columbia, Canada. Ultimately, your offer will be based on several factors, including relevant education, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share additional details for this role during the hiring process.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.