Data Engineer II - VALORANT
Los Angeles, California, United States
6 days ago
Data Engineers at Riot have a mix of software, warehousing, and analytical skills required to design and build data workflows that help inform our decisions and promote player experiences. Data Engineers index high on data processing, dimensional modeling of relational data, and operating data systems that scale to accommodate millions of players. By translating requirements into sustainable, automated data processing workflows, your systems can be used to serve other Rioters and power player facing features. This requires us to be excellent collaborators with other engineers, data scientists, game designers, and product owners across the organization.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here! ). As a Data Engineer II on the VALORANT Data team, you will shape the way data is used to improve all aspects of the player experience. By partnering with product teams both in and outside of VALORANT, you will collect, process, and make usable data collected from our global footprint of game servers. We need your expertise in using state-of-the-art data processing tools and techniques to improve how Riot serves its legions of fans from around the world. You will report to the Manager of Data Science for the project.
- Design and implementation of essential data marts
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts who will use your data marts to help with decisions or build services
- Set standards on how data is processed and delivered
- Safeguard player data
- Collaborate with game, web, and service engineers to design and instrument telemetry libraries and frameworks
- Oversee data content, ensuring clean and sustainable pipelines to achieve relevant data that is essential to the product's growth
- Help manage infrastructure for moving and processing data at Riot scale
- 3+ years of relevant work experience or a PhD related to the role
- 2+ years experience with big data technologies such as Spark
- Depth of experience with data processing and analytics using SQL and Python.
- Experience with data warehousing and modelling, data processing, data pipelines, and data infrastructure
- Experience with other related data processing platforms(Flink, Hive) and storage systems (S3, Vertica, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Dynamo, MySQL, or Postgres)
- Experience with related data pipelining tools (Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) using containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).