Data Centre Administrator
25 days ago
Team Name:International General & Administrative
Job Title:Data Centre Administrator
IT Data Center Contractor (6 month FTC)
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Data Center Contractor to support Blizzard’s data center infrastructure. The ideal candidate is adept to providing best operational support to enterprise data center systems. The applicant will help the team with current projects, decommissioning task, and help clear the backlog of work.
- Problem and Incident management for infrastructure and hardware issues
- Documentation, rack layouts, network ports, and power usage
- Setup Linux Servers, LDAP, puppet configurations, run scripts
- Move, Add, Change: Responsible for installing and configuring new IT hardware that lives in the data center
- Perform data center inventory and asset management using DCIM
- Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration, and installation of complex network infrastructure
- Work with hardware vendors on warranty break fix
- Travel to data centers to rack, stack, cable, any hardware request as needed
- Travel to data centers to work on decommissioning task.
- Pack and ship equipment as needed
- Work with remote hands, giving instruction to perform work remotely
- Provide 24 X 7 on call support as part of a weekly on-call rotation
- Experience working with HP, Dell, and Cisco server equipment
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems
- Be able to understand basic hardware configuration scripts and run them.
- Can do basic firmware updates to system components like IDRAC, Mobo, controllers, ETC
- Ability to work with global cross functional teams
- Ability to use discretion when presented with sensitive information or confidential issues
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks
- Passion for technology and gaming
- Have valid passport and willing to travel
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Certifications such as CCNA, CompTIA Linux+, CDCMP
- Familiar with data center operations such as: Generators, PDU’s, UPS’s, CRAC units and Life Safety Systems
- Data Center Capacity Management, Metrics, and Reporting
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with network theory and protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, VLANs.
- The ability to read/write code fluently in any of the following: Bash, Python, and Go
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.