El Segundo CA 90245 US
2 days ago
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing in-depth data mining and data analyses to multiple departments, with a focus on understanding our customers and identifying ways to improve the user experience within our games.
- Identify, design, prioritize and develop data analyses to create unique business insights; perform detailed data exploration and validation to understand customers.
- Identify key analytic metrics; build reports and present key insights to ensure that data drives actions to improve the business; examine and analyze available information to determine patterns and gaps at a strategic level and recommend a course of action to support internal and external users.
- Research and analyze web and game usage data and recommend solutions; analyze user experience and business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Document business needs, prioritize requested functionality and validate requirements against strategic goals and project objectives.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring by using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Other duties as assigned
Types of Decisions Made By This Position:
- Analyze game data and make recommendations for improvement
- Prioritize data requests
- Documentation of the department’s business needs
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with analytics software such as Google Analytics
- 2+ years’ experience with Marketing Intelligence Platforms such as Singular
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation tools and Data Mining tools
- Online gaming experience preferred
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis
- Ability to extract data by writing your own SQL queries
- Experience using Tableau or similar BI tools
- Programming for data analysis (R or Python) preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time