9 days ago
This opportunity represents a contractor role working for Electronic Arts Romania, hired through Smartree for 12 months.
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The Data Analyst will focus on data within the Quality Verification team, bringing value for spotting patterns, identifying risk and opportunity. We are looking for a passionate data analyst with a tool belt of advanced technical knowledge with SQL and Excel (can perform complex functions). We will rely on you to build data products to help extract valuable, applicable insights. These insights would then need to be presented in well thought out, logically designed dashboards, for quick and easy access, and interpretation by all parties involved in the project.
- Receive questions from the game team, understand the questions, and determine the data needed to answer them.
- Assemble data from multiple sources, conduct analyses, perform research, designs, documents and implement solution
- Propose solutions and insights to game areas
- Develop scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, and transform data from different sources.
- Present analysis conclusions to the game team in a clear, understandable, and valuable way. Tell compelling stories supported by data using visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau or similar)
- Take ownership for their active projects, always looking for new problems to solve and new concepts to implement.
- Build metrics reporting systems and tracks process improvements across the team.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Work with team members and partners.
- Build relationships across the data analyst community, to share knowledge and learn from others.
- At least 2 years in a data analyst role or similar positions;
- Expert data visualization techniques for charts and reports - good knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
- Have very good database and SQL knowledge, NoSQL and elastic search - Nice to have
- Data Analysis - good knowledge of R language, MS Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions - or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methods.
- University degree in a technical field (. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc.)
- Good math, including statistics, simulation, and optimization.
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken).
Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.