Data Analyst Manager, Monetization
2 months ago
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
The Monetization team at MobilityWare is looking for a Data Analyst, Manager who will be responsible for managing MobilityWare’s Monetization Analytics group. The ideal candidate will have a combination of quantitative and technical skills to drive revenue growth through yield management and optimization. In addition, the candidate will lead a cross functional team, get buy-in from multiple stakeholders, and manage projects alongside game teams.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support business units
- Oversee the design and implementation of data telemetry in partnership with game teams, analysts and data engineering
- Ensure accuracy of data deliverables generated by data analytics team with comprehensive policies and processes (e.g., manager and peer reviews)
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake and validation working closely with data engineering on data structures
- Provide mentorship and best practices as it relates to modeling, visualization and communication deliverables
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, monetization, marketing and product teams
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights and uncover optimization opportunities
- Research and keep abreast of industry best practices
Qualifications for Position:
- BA/BS degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar analytical role, preferably for a technology or gaming company
- 2-3+ years in a leadership and management role
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define projects
- Experience using SQL and querying large, complex data sets, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Experienced with Scrum, JIRA techniques for work organization and delivery
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility