Data Analyst, Legal
12 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
As our Legal Data Analyst, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the data requirements of our legal teams, both in-house and external. You'll work in a cross-functional team environment under the direction of the Analytics Business Intelligence Director, and with direction from our Managing Counsels. In addition to other responsibilities, you will own and optimize processes and programming logic needed to capture, transform, conduct QA, and produce internally sourced data that is critical in our legal workstreams.
In this role, you will
- Lead efforts related to data sourcing and production to support the data needs of litigation and compliance teams
- Work with analytics, finance teams, engineering, and platform partners to source domain-specific technical knowledge and data, and develop an understanding of business processes and programming logic
- Develop and/or maintain high standards of verbal and written communication competencies to advise internal and external legal teams on complexities, limitations, and sensitivities of our data, not limited to trade secrets and consumer privacy
- Analyze and troubleshoot identified external and internal data or coding issues in advance of production
- Collaborate across the business to proactively identify changes in data needs and/or new data requirements arising as a result of new and on-going legal requests
What we're looking for
- 5+ years experience in analytics and/or data management related role
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and contributing to the refinement of processes, controls, and overall organizational structure
- Must have experience and proficiency with SQL and Tableau
- Comfortable working with complex data sets, systems, and processes
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work both independently with limited supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Comfortable translating non-technical requirements to developers as well as technical concepts to non-developers
- Logical thinker with strong analytical, problem solving & investigative skills.
- Have high attention to detail and possess a natural curiosity (e.g.: noticing that the above bullet was the only one to use an ampersand and was the only one with a period)
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.