Data Analyst (Gameplay)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
11 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Gameplay Data Analyst you will be the source of insight into how players interact with our games, you will help develop our understanding of each game in the finest of detail, from prototype to global hit.
What you tell your friends you do
“ My analysis ensures Kwalee games are always getting better and never getting worse!"
What you will really be doing
- Analyse how millions of players interact with our ever expanding portfolio of games, from prototype to global launch, in order to measure and predict, performance, trends and relationships.
- Use statistical testing and predictive modelling to recommend changes to in-game features and design.
- Manage large amounts of data from a multitude of sources in order to fuel your activities.
- Regularly communicate results and identify solutions with development, management and data science teams.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Experience analysing complex and varied data in a commercial or academic setting.
- Desire to solve new and complex problems every day.
- Excellent ability to communicate scientific results to both technical and non-technical team members.
- A degree in a numerically focussed discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering or Biological Sciences.
- Experience with any programmatic analysis tools/languages such as Python, C++, MatLab, R.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases for the purposes of data retrieval and management.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.