DFS Risk & Trading Manager
15 days ago
Sleeper is a rapidly growing sports platform for fantasy sports and games. One of our core products is Sleeper Picks, a real-money DFS game that requires users to predict over or under relative to player statistical projections which are provided by Sleeper through third-party vendors. We are seeking a candidate with experience as a sports trader or winning sports bettor to oversee our player markets and build out our DFS risk and trading functions and processes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Developing a system to understand Sleeper’s liability in real time, including our exposure related to specific markets and outcomes based on the concentration of open contests.
- Monitoring Sleeper’s active player statistics markets. You will adjust or suspend market lines and prices based on contest liability, industry price comparisons, and breaking news (injuries, coaching decisions, weather, etc.).
- Using contest data to profile users and group DFS users into cohorts.
- Monitor contest activity for any systemic issues with Sleeper Picks markets, game rules, or payout structures.
- Automate risk and trading processes outlined above to scale as Sleeper gains DFS users and adds additional sports and markets. This may include working with the product and engineering teams to assess the feasibility of future game and market types.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Background in computer science, data science, machine learning, mathematics/statistics, or a similar field. Comfortable working with and analyzing large data sets.
- In-depth knowledge of sports betting, player props, handicapping, expected value, and closing line value. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience with high volumes of sports betting and real money games, either as a trader or a +EV bettor.
- Highly proactive, ready to hit the ground running. Excited about the idea of building out processes from scratch. Not afraid to break the “sports trading mold” and challenge how the industry has historically approached risk management and trading.
- Comfortable working “off hours” to align with peaks in the sports calendar. This will often include nights and weekends. We are generally quite flexible and will work with you to ensure an appropriate work/life balance molded around game schedules.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments.
WHAT WE OFFER
Sleeper believes in quality over quantity, and intentionally keeps our team small as a result. In past roles, we found it very hard to make a big impact when companies grow too large in size, which has a detrimental effect on the product and the impact any single individual can have. Our team includes designers, engineers, product experts, and finance & operation focused on one thing — connecting people over sports. We believe in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role.
For this role, in this particular location, a reasonable estimate of the base salary range for new hires is between $75,000 USD to $150,000 USD, plus benefits including Medical, Dental, PTO, and 401k.
Please note that the salary range for this role takes into account a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
The policy of Sleeper is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity. Sleeper is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headquartered in Las Vegas, NV, Sleeper is backed by Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Expa.
To learn more, visit us online at: www.sleeper.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.