Customer Support Representative
3 months ago
Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, is poised for the public launch of “Sansar”, a social virtual reality platform that will democratize the creation of VR experiences. Linden Lab has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
If providing amazing customer service is a “thing” for you; if you are one of those people whose goal is to make others happy; if you can remain calm when others around you are losing their mind -- then you may be our kind of crazy.
This frontline team within our Customer Support organization acts as a liaison with our customers, answering questions about everything from “how do I change my password” to “why can’t I teleport to my friend’s location?” and everything in between.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding billing, product features, and account access via support ticket, live chat, and telephone.
- Collaborate with other aspects of the Customer Support Team to address sensitive customer issues.
- Serve as point of escalation for complex or unusual issues.
- Drive ongoing improvements to customer satisfaction.
- Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills including; verbal, written and listening.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, work under pressure and communicate with multiple individuals at once.
- A second language is an advantage (particularly German, Spanish, French, Portuguese or Italian).
- Patience and the ability to understand the unique needs of our Residents and provide solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, to integrate with others and to show personal initiative when called for.
- A well-developed sense of humor, a thick skin and a positive outlook are all good traits to have.
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and non-traditional hours.
- High School Diploma required.
- College degree or some college preferred, but willing to consider candidates with commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 6 months experience in customer support or a related field
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
No travel required
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.