Customer Support Representative
11 days ago
CodeCombat is looking for a remote Customer Support Representative to act as a main point of contact for customers. If you have experience supporting a busy org in a customer-facing role, we want to hear from you!
This is a 100% remote, full-time role. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experience levels to apply regardless of direct experience as a Customer Support Representative.
What You'll Do
- Quickly address customer inquiries via email, chat, and other online methods with excellent interpersonal skills
- Synthesize customer feedback and trends to identify improvements for user interfaces, anticipating potential conflicts of proposed product design changes
- Discover and document customer pain points to advance current support procedures
- Research and reproduce customer issues using internal knowledge base
- Leverage technical experience to identify and troubleshoot issues, escalating potentially serious issues to the product team
- Communicate with key team members on common or critical issues, assisting in the resolution of technical roadblocks
Who You Are
- Comfortable assisting customers with technical questions in a compassionate, clear and friendly tone
- Technical background with knowledge of basic programming or scripting
- Aptitude for communicating technical issues to customers with varying levels of expertise
- Comfortable staying organized and prioritizing tasks in a 100% remote environment
- Familiarity working with cross functional teams (Engineering, Product Managers, Sales)
- Growth-minded with a commitment towards individual and organizational advancements
- Strong written communication skills
Who We Are
CodeCombat is building a new way for K-12 students and at-home learners to learn computer science, using real programming languages to explore an adventure game. Students learn how to write functions to control their hero avatars, implement puzzle-solving strategies, and code their own games. We continually research, experiment, and iterate on new ways to combine education and games for students worldwide.
We recently released Ozaria, a computer science program, an adventure game, and a fantasy story where students can master core computer science concepts. The unfolding narrative creates a powerful student-centered learning experience, with each student’s investment in Ozaria’s story paralleling the investment they are making in their own learning journey.
We are a small, tight-knit team dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it's fun.
Kind, not just "nice".
We don't let fear of not being "nice" get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We're thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please include a cover letter with your application, including details on how much basic programming you know.