Customer Success Engineer
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
6 days ago
About EA :
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
About Game Creation Experience Services (GCES)
GCES develops and maintains software applications and services used by all game development teams across EA. These applications include Source Control, Bug Tracking, Continuous integration and Code Reviews. GCES is fully integrated in a DevOps model where development, operations, vendors and customer service are tightly woven. We develop, report, iterate, and resolve items together quickly, in an Agile environment. As it relates to providing service for our applications, ownership of the outcome is critical to our customer experience. GCES will own items through the entire service life cycle, regardless of which team may be doing the work, to ensure there is always timely status, transparency and quality communication. It is our mission and core value to provide an excellent customer experience, so much so, that our emphasis is not on volumes of tickets or request resolution, but instead how happy our customers are with our service and the quality of the interactions with them.
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is accountable for overseeing services for all EA locations and clients to ensure consistent performance of our service. The CSE is responsible for leading technical troubleshooting, driving front line activities for issues, ensuring the uptime and stability of our services, and acting as the first escalation point for all incidents and problems. The CSE is also tightly integrated into the entire product development process, profoundly contributing to daily stand ups, task execution and coordination, issue tracking, vendor relations, and quality assurance. A critical function of this role is as GCES’s service Domain Expert . In this role, the CSE maintains an expert understanding of all systems, applications and integrations for all services. As part of this, they are continuously improving the services through developments activities, risk assessments, new features, and customer feedback. In addition, they are solely responsible for onboarding new team members, and accountable for identifying and maintaining domain succession plans.
- Technical lead for GCES’s portfolio, including day-to-day operations, planning, forecasting, regular maintenance, audits, monitoring, analysis, reporting, and service improvements
- Domain expert to effectively onboard, educate and train customers on products and services
- Coordinate customers, partners, vendors and stakeholders worldwide including leading calls and driving resolutions across multi-functional teams
- Facilitate product vendor relations for organization; interactions include cadence meetings, evaluations, licensing, defect tracking, service and support
- Provide onboarding, training, coaching, mentoring, and assessments for team members
- Participant in daily standups, including sprint planning, coordination of effort, and task assignment and completion
- Proactively engage in continuous service improvements as driven by customer feedback, knowledge of products, product roadmap, and strategic planning
- Implement product technical succession and roadmaps that ensure existing organizational skill and knowledge meets service requirements
- Build, maintain, and lead organizational awareness of problems via a ‘Known Error Database’
- Principal leader for service outage & restoration during an incident’s life cycle
- Partner closely with EA security to ensure compliance of existing policies, and new requirements are integrated into planning
- Flag repetitive tasks as automation opportunities and drive implementation with product team
- Drives root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Manage projects from concept to final without direct supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level stakeholders, including communicating complex technical problems concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Project management experience (PMP an asset)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS & Azure is a plus)
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts; e.g. routing, subnets, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Virtual Machines, servers, and other related hardware
- Resourceful, proactive, curious and innovative - identifies issues and implements solutions
- Advanced English and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Extremely strong customer service orientation
- Proven attendance with ability to work shifts, after hours and weekends as required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area of study or equivalent experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification and experience working in an ITIL organization