18 days ago
We are redefining the future of gaming by bringing professionally-made games to the browser.
Why is it important?
Mobile gaming is a massive industry filled with hundreds of thousands of titles in dozens of genres. Game discovery is a nightmare and requires publishers to make huge advertising spends to gain visibility. Thousands of amazing mobile titles have no reasonable way to cut through the noise.
Pley's porting and publishing solution allows mobile developers to easily release their titles on browsers, opening massive new audiences who want high quality games available with a single click.
How are we different?
Think of us as an app store for browsers. But with no downloads. No installs. No paywalls.
We’ve stripped away all the barriers so players can simply launch a game and play. It’s as simple as that.
We aren’t an emulation environment, and we aren’t a cloud streaming solution. Our platform is a completely new solution that maximizes performance while minimizing external dependencies. We work directly with developers who port their titles to the Pley platform and also enables cross-play with the original mobile game.
🎮 The role
The Pley publishing platform is designed to make porting mobile games to browser a simple and streamlined effort for all our customers. That said, every customer’s game is different, and sometimes requires a level of technical due diligence to ensure it will perform at the highest level of quality when ported to a web browser.
The SE position will play an important role in assisting our Sales team to ensure that every customer migration is successful, while also being available to our customers when they have questions, challenges or feedback during the porting process. You will be the technical face of Pley to our valued customers and will work closely with Developer Relations and Sales to ensure we give game developers the best level of support.
- Perform initial technical feasibility assessments on each new game title being ported
- Develop a scalable assessment process that will eventually support dozens of parallel porting efforts
- Support the Sales process by providing technical expertise during investigation and negotiation
- Field technical customer feedback, questions, issues, and requirements
- Work closely with core platform development and Product teams to communicate requirements
- Assist Developer Relations with customer communication on technical issues
🌟 About you
What you’ll need
- 2-5 years experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Engineering degree and knowledge of both mobile and web-based application development
- Previous experience with OpenGL, WebGL and Unity development required
- Experience communicating directly with demanding customers to solve technical challenges
- Previous experience supporting customer integrations or porting projects a big plus
- Experience running technical onboarding sessions directly with customers highly desired
- Experience developing mobile and/or web apps high valued
- You enjoy a hybrid working environment.
- Have a valid permit that allows you to work in Sweden.
⚡️ Our Process
- Intro Call
- Team Lead Interview
- Technical challenge
- Culture Interview
* We would love to meet you in-person during our process. Huge plus if you can have at least one interview in our office.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.