Creatures and AI Designer - Unannounced Survival Game
4 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Creatures and AI Designer - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created. If you’re passionate about game development, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We’re looking for a Creatures and AI Designer that has demonstrable experience building and shipping creatures and encounters in an FPS game. The ideal candidate is technically savvy, can push their designs forward, and can work well with others to iterate on their designs and ultimately deliver encounters that align with the project’s goals and overall fantasy.
We need your help with
- Work with leadership to flash-out existing creatures and develop new ones
- Rapidly prototype and prove out creature & encounter designs
- Shepherd existing designs to completion by working with different disciplines
- Script and implement creature behavior in a complex game world
- Assist other teams with things like spawning, loot, & combat
You’re good at
- Demonstrable experience designing and building creatures and encounters
- Experience working on an FPS game
- Solid implementation skills, comfortable scripting AI experiences
- Sense of what makes fun and compelling encounters in shooters
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Extensive experience playing different games, especially first-person games
Bonus points for
- Design experience on a multiplayer game
- Leadership experience of any kind
- Practical experience in other fields: art, programming, production, or sound
You’ll need to provide us with
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Remote Policy: We are open to permanent remote work possibilities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.