Creative Writer (12 Months)
12 days ago
We’re Electronic Arts’ Marketing, Commercial, and Positive Play Organization (MCP). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games.
Marcom creates compelling content and builds healthy player communities. We inspire deep engagement with both our in-game and out-of-game experiences through innovative multi- channel storytelling. Marcom Creative are a team of writers, artists, creators and tinkerers who blend insights with storytelling and technology to push the boundaries of marketing. We dive into the past, explore the future, and create whole new worlds, all in the pursuit of creating incredible experiences for our players.
As a Creative Writer, you will report to our Creative Director and use your writing expertise to bring our games to market in compelling and creative ways. You’ll be a primary support to our Respawn Studio, working on titles such as Apex Legends and games within the Star Wars portfolio.
- Work with the Senior Writer and Creative Director on cinematic and gameplay scripts for trailers and marketing materials.
- Create stories based on the lore of the game, giving our characters meaning.
- Gather information from multiple sources to create short and long form scripts that make our audiences feel inspired.
- You will develop large scale platform ideas, working closely with our integrated teams and external agencies to develop executions that bring your platform ideas to life.
- Work with the studio narrative team to have a total understanding of character backstories and world lore.
- Attend all creative work sessions and feedback calls.
- Partner with our production team to ensure that all schedules and deliverables are clear.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3-5 years’ experience of creative writing to support media creation and marketing content.
- Comprehensive understanding of the entertainment industry.
- You love to write, and you understand the power of words to create compelling experiences.
- You embrace change and all of the messiness that comes with it.
- You listen to and look for other’s voices and opinions, especially those that are different to your own. You understand that diversity fuels creativity.
- A background in gaming is not required.