Creative Director, World of Warcraft
13 days ago
Job Title:Creative Director, World of Warcraft
Creative Director - WoW
World of Warcraft is looking for an outstanding visionary leader to join our development team as Creative Director. The Creative Director (CD) will oversee World of Warcraft (WoW) narrative and visual design, guiding story and world creation for future game expansions and related media. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in establishing and guiding creative leadership teams from initial concept to release.
Reporting to the Executive Producer for WoW, the position will serve as creative lead for all WoW projects. The CD will oversee a cross-discipline team of story-tellers, narrative designers, and visual development artists while working closely with other key leaders and collaborators across the WoW development team, the Warcraft franchise team, and Blizzard.
- Demonstrate a passion for world creation and storytelling to entertain and delight our players.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and inspire the creative team to do their best work in building and expanding our fantasy universe.
- Establish a long-term vision for the development of our characters, cultures, environments, and lore across multiple content expansions and supporting media.
- Collaborate with our Game Director and Art Director in the evolution of new worlds and characters.
- Partner with story and franchise development, publishing, and consumer products, to ensure thematic consistency and cohesion across World of Warcraft media.
- Exemplify behaviors and take actions to build an inclusive and diverse culture in our team and in the game worlds we create.
- Collaborate with our publishing partners to ensure continuity with our development plans.
- Director-level+ experience in game development with focus on art and/or narrative direction.
- Demonstrated ability to generate innovative ideas and emotionally captivating stories and environments.
- Ability to build positive relationships and motivate both leaders and individuals to work together to exceed player expectations.
- Excellent presentation and visualization skills, and the ability to articulate a vision and influence others.
- A deep passion for gaming and entertainment. Experience with WoW as a player, and/or desire to gain a deep understanding of WoW’s lore.
- A degree in the arts, creative writing, entertainment, game design, or an equivalent is preferred.
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive, supporting our goal to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment.. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.