Creative Art Director
14 days ago
Wargaming is looking for a passionate, creative Art Director to join our Chicago studio. Our environment is a combination of casual creativity and functional productivity with an emphasis on games, solid design and engineering, and creative and inspiring art. One of the most satisfying aspects of life at Wargaming is seeing your work flourish in the expanding world of Wargaming tittles and interacting with the millions of fans around the world who recognize your achievements. You will work closely with all departments to create a broad spectrum of purpose-built artwork.
The Executive Producer
What you will do?
- Own the overall vision for art assets, including guiding the artistic look, feel, and quality of visuals and UI for our current and future games
- Create art bibles, style guides, branding examples and marketing materials setting tone and direction for projects
- Collaborate with department leads to communicate and make decisions regarding the overall art vision of our games
- Use technical knowledge of high-end art development to create games and pitch high-level game concepts
- Establish passion, excitement and a collaborative art culture through concept art, documentation, processes, and feedback
- Take responsibility for hands-on approach to contributing to the artwork of our games
- Assist the art team in working efficiently and meeting project deadlines
- Take part in the hiring process of quality artists and other talented individuals
What we are looking for?
- Prior experience as an Art Director with experience with AAA console/PC game development and/or extensive experience in interactive media
- Experience managing a creative art team with a focus on producing a cohesive visual style
- Strong painting or drawing skills with the ability to create fast sketches and concepts
- Expertise in character, environment and concept art
- Extensive experience working with at least one industry standard game engine
- Expertise in Photoshop, Max\Maya and other industry art tools
- Curiosity for researching and discovering new cutting edge methods for our art team
- Dedication to mentoring, with an emphasis on sharing best practices with team
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!