This job might no longer be available.
Technical Animator - Create
25 days ago
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA is a world-renowned entertainment leader, creating top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences enjoyed by players all over the world. EA artists aim to create characters, performances, scenery, moods and experiences that suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with players.
EA Create is looking for a Technical Animator to join our team in assisting BioWare on Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. EA Create is known to partner with AAA studios such as BioWare, Respawn, and Maxis, and assist on the critically acclaimed Madden and FIFA franchises. This is your opportunity to be part of a collaborative group with team members all over the world and have your work shown to millions of viewers, players, peers, and industry professionals.
You would report to a director within the Animation team and create high-quality performances in all aspects of your work. You know how to reveal attitude, emotions, and mood through a character's movement and behavior, and create memorable atmospheres which will appeal to players. It's essential to have knowledge of the timing and appearance of human and animal movement. In the end, the look of a game is one of the most significant factors contributing to the success of the game.
- Degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation.
- 3 years professional animation experience.
- Proficiency in Maya.
- Experience implementing animation into a game engine.
- Reliable internet service to work remotely.
- Production experience in a professional animation setting.
- Populate game levels with existing animations.
- Review animations for quality before implementation.
- Troubleshoot technical issues within the game engine.
- Learn and work with proprietary animation run-time integration tools.
- Be an active participant within the team.
- Prompt attendance at all meetings and reviews.
- Organize your work and notes to be easily understood by team members.
- Collaborate with directors, animators, production and technical staff.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $63,350 - $98,800 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.