Craft Lead (Data Storytelling) – User Research Lab
22 days ago
At Ubisoft Canadian User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth player insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative analysis through a variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
About the Role
The Craft Lead’s responsibilities can be summarized by the onboarding and continuous development of craft experts, the implementation of initiatives ensuring the continual improvement of their craft, leading to the delivery of accurate, relevant, and actionable player insights to productions. This key role contributes to the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that drive growth of our team and service.
The Data Storytelling Craft Lead focuses on helping teams drive insights with a mix of data, narrative and visualizations on studies of various methodologies (desk research, surveys, multi-source studies etc.). Their mandate is to guide experts into adopting a big-picture mindset from complex data and present clear, concise, and tailored insights to various audiences in order to maximize impact.
Their contribution can range from the beginning of the study (needs assessment, choice of KPIs and variables) to data analysis during and after the fieldwork and finally to report preparation & presentation.
What you'll do
- Contribute to overseeing the performance and continual professional growth of 20+ User Research experts with managers by adopting a role of coach/mentor;
- Deliver learning and development resources on Data Storytelling (KPI definition, efficient data analysis, report writing, presenting…) based on experts’ deliverables;
- Change-manage improvements to practice by documenting our learnings and innovations;
- Arrange internal project retrospectives to ensure systematic reflection and adoption of new practices;
- Explore opportunities to design state-of-the-art methods, tools & processes to increase the impact and depth of our insights;
- Establishing and maintaining efficient communications with various stakeholders involved in the department’s activities;
- Collaboratively drive the recruitment and onboarding of new User Research experts, especially in terms of data analysis and reporting
- Foster collaboration by working closely with other craft leadership colleagues and other team members to further drive knowledge development (e.g. Community of Practice, sharing sessions, best practices alignment,…)
What you bring
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with handling and presenting insights
- Significant hands-on experience in data analysis and insights writing/presenting
- Experience presenting insights to diverse audience and adapt messaging
- Knowledge of video games, user experience, and game development;
- Advanced knowledge of applied research methods and best practices - behavioural and attitudinal, quantitative and qualitative;
- Demonstrable experience supporting the growth of others, e.g. through coaching, mentorship, and/or formal training;
- Strong communication skills and an empathetic leadership;
- Experience conducting and presenting research embedded on a production or product team;
- A bachelor’s degree in User Research, Market Research or any other relevant field or experience is an asset.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.