21 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic's multi-specialized team of attorneys and legal professionals, partner across our organization to provide legal solutions, as well as, consult and inform on the products we build and games we develop.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a music licensing attorney with experience in media and entertainment to join our growing music licensing practice. This position will work closely with our business teams to provide world class legal support and advice when working with record labels, publishers, independent artists and more.
In this role, you will
- Spearhead negotiation and implementation of novel, complex and time-sensitive music license agreements
- Coordinate with internal business teams and external music clearance agents to facilitate licensing
- Review, draft and negotiate a high volume of master and publishing license agreements with record labels, publishers and independent artists
- Coordinate with outside counsel as necessary
- Provide support to other Epic products and services, as time permits
What we're looking for
- 5-7 years of experience in music licensing with both labels and publishers, including hands-on experience negotiating agreements with external parties
- Lawyer, qualified to practice in the US
- Strong initiative and sound judgment, with the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$190,538 — $279,456 USD
California Base Pay Range
$190,538 — $279,456 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$186,569 — $273,634 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.