Counsel, Legal Affairs
14 days ago
The Counsel for Ubisoft Film & Television Legal Affairs will be a member of a dynamic, small, tight-knit team within the greater Ubisoft organization. You will work closely and collaboratively with the VP, Business & Legal Affairs and with other lawyers around the world on all legal matters and will have the opportunity to provide guidance and direction in all areas of entertainment law.
- You will play a key role in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing a variety of development, production, and licensing agreements including writer, director, and talent agreements for projects across Ubisoft’s film and television slate of both IP-based and original projects.
- You will draft, update, and manage templates for development and production agreements.
- You will advise on issues relating to union and collective bargaining agreements.
- You will provide full support to the Ubisoft Film & Television development and production team.
- You will work closely with the VP, Business & Legal Affairs and have the opportunity to collaborate with the greater Ubisoft legal team from around the world.
- You will be in constant communication with the creative executives at Ubisoft Film & Television.
- You will have some flexibility in working from home or at the Ubisoft Film & Television office in Culver City.
- You have at least 2-3+ years of relevant legal experience, preferably with an in-house legal department and with experience in production legal, and have expertise in contract law and legal issues specific to entertainment law
- You have a law degree and are admitted to practice in CA
- You are an excellent negotiator with great drafting skills, are a creative problem solver, and have a desire to be an integral part of a small team
- You are a self-starter and independent thinker who pays attention to detail and is highly organized
ABOUT UBISOFT FILM & TELEVISION
Ubisoft Film & Television’s mission is to bring Ubisoft’s award-winning games into new areas of entertainment and to create original stories set in the world, culture and community of gaming. The division has a slate of IP-based and original film and TV projects in various stages of development and production, including the films “Werewolves Within” (IFC Films), “Just Dance” (Screen Gems), “Beyond Good & Evil” (Netflix), the live-action “Assassin’s Creed” (Netflix) series, the current “Mythic Quest” (Apple TV+) series and “Rabbids Invasion” (season 4 on Netflix), among others.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
*Ubisoft has established a Hybrid office/remote work schedule effective as of 4-2-2022. Any changes to the remote work environment/hybrid work schedule will be clearly communicated during the hiring process or throughout employment once hired .
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.