20 days ago
Would you like to bring your financial skills to a workplace that is energetic, creative, and scaling? If yes, we’d love to hear from you!
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. The company is an independently managed business within the larger global framework of our parent companies, Saber Interactive and the Embracer Group. Our company is made up of employees that build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Controller will be the principal keeper of the company’s books and records and ensure the company is complying with applicable accounting and statutory requirements. The position will liase with all department heads providing information and support, so they can manage their operations. In addition, the position will support the CEO in providing information to the executive team and corporate stakeholders.
**Strong preference to candidates with the ability to work on site 1-2 days weekly**
- Lead financial and administrative processes, strategy, enhance operating efficiencies, document standard operating procedures, implement new systems and internal controls.
- Oversee the booking and recording of transactions and expenses in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage all accounting activities including the monthly close, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Prepare financial and key metric (KPI’s) reports for senior management and corporate parent.
- Serve as the business owner of the accounting system and ensure the automation of key processes.
- Manage a Senior Accountant.
- Track, forecast and analyze the use of cash to ensure the company has sufficient funds to meet its obligations.
- Compare actual performance against budget by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data and recommending actions.
- Comply with federal, state, and local statutory and tax requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Managing ad-hoc projects based as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, or a related field
- 7-10 years of general accounting and finance experience (with 5+ of supervisory of supervisory/management) primarily in a software and/or services environment
- CPA preferred
- Skills/specialties include revenue recognition (ASC 606), accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget management, compliance, financial analysis, accounting systems (QuickBooks), and payroll/benefits.
- Advanced skills with G-Suite/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy when both preparing and reviewing work
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as with cross functional groups
- Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Developing games is our passion and we bring over 20 years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Hearthstone Battlegrounds, Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.