11 days ago
Job Title:Contract Specialist
Activision Blizzard is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized legal professional to join our in-house legal team as a Contract Specialist in support of Activision Blizzard Esports, including The Overwatch League, The Call of Duty League, and other esports. You’ll partner with a close-knit team and staff across the business to draft contracts, ensure smooth operation of the contracts process, and establish clear and responsive communication with internal and external clients.
Responsibilities. This position would require you to:
- Draft various types of contracts including services agreements, production, tournament license, marketing, talent agreements, vendor, and non-disclosure agreements
- Support esports product and league operations teams, including reviewing and updating competition rules, player contract administration, and player and team code of conduct matters
- Review and clear content, marketing and public relations materials
- Assist with the preparation of promotion rules, affidavits of eligibility and releases
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts
- Partner closely with US legal team and business; liaise as needed with international colleagues
- Manage incoming requests for contracts, track pending matters, prepare execution copies and fully executed copies for distribution. Maintain contract repositories on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to proper protocols in all matters related to contract drafting, validation and record keeping
- Take on special projects and other duties as requested
Requirements. The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a professional legal role, preferably in a contract specialist or a paralegal role
- Extensive experience drafting a variety of agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and commercial agreements
- Exceptional legal research and analytical skills
- The ability to independently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Impeccable organizational skills, time-management abilities and attention to detail
- The ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Common sense, good judgment and desire to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Plusses. The successful candidate may also possess:
- Experience as a legal professional in a gaming or entertainment company
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program
- International experience
- An interest bordering upon passion for interactive games
Activision Blizzard is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.