Contract Production Coordinator
Austin, TX, United States
9 days ago
Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, in 2019. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is currently hiring a Contract Production Coordinator to complement our production team. This position will be within a production group working on a new AAA game for both console and PC, so it requires the utmost sensitivity to confidential materials.
- Assist the Production staff in all areas related to the development process
- Help track and maintain all production schedules
- Facilitate team communication, ensure timely dissemination of information
- Organize information and find ways to structure multiple pieces of information on a Wiki
- Work collaboratively with all members of the team
- Coordinates with Quality Control department for product testing cycles
- Take ownership for every interaction and has the initiative to provide the best possible approach to each situation
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and scheduling skills
- Technical Knowledge – you should possess a strong foundation of engineering, technology, and gaming terminology and concepts. Many documents will contain language pertaining to some or all these areas and will require that you understand them to effectively translate entire concepts and ideas, rather than just words
- Strong Verbal Communication Skills – you will need to verbally communicate with several different small teams. Verbal communication will be necessary to understand what the translation requirements are, to get clarification on any unclear ideas
- Writing – you will need to use strong writing skills to make any translation readable and understandable, while not losing any major concepts or important details. Strong grammar, spelling, and writing skills are necessary to effectively convey the meat of any translated messages
- Working knowledge of Confluence and MS Office
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Works well within a highly collaborative environment
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- A passion for games
- Hands-on development experience in any area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.
- Experience working with JIRA
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies
- Motivated / self-starter
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
The contractor will be responsible for housing costs and relocation if needed.