This job might no longer be available.
Contract Music Editor
1 month ago
Do you have a love for games, a musical ear, and thorough, methodical organizational skills to help an audio team to achieve its full potential? Can you edit and integrate musical content to create assets and to ensure that it consistently sounds as intended? Most importantly, do you enjoy audio production and want to contribute to the creation of memorable media? Bungie currently has a unique opportunity that requires these skills.
Our current mission is to add a bold new member to our Audio Team. Bungie is looking for a multi-talented music editor with audio production skills and music implementation experience. Your work will help create assets and integrate music. If you love playing games, bring your passion to the Audio Team at Bungie.
Estimated duration: 12 months
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Follow documented plans to editorially create music assets for game implementation
- Editorially create and export music assets from music stems, both in various DAWs and in Wwise
- Follow documented plans to implement music in Wwise
- Interactive music system iteration
- Create and modify music scripting, as needed
- Thoroughly test the musicality, quality, and reliability of the music integration and transitions
- Coordinate with Test to track issues and log bugs relating to the music integration
- Work with engineering and design to clarify and resolve issues
- Help manage and organize music assets and files
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills and a methodical work ethic
- Highly attentive to detail
- Keen organizational skills
- Experience with Pro Tools preferred
- Proficient with digital audio production techniques
- Proven track record in music editing and music implementation
- Basic understanding of music theory, and keen ears
- Good technical computer skills and capable of quickly learning new software
- An interest in interactive audio
- Experience with music editorial and implementation in Audiokinetic Wwise is a plus
- Experience with Nuendo and Reaper
- Familiarity with test processes for games
- Familiarity with basic scripting
- A passion for games